Due to high demand and staffing shortages passport appointments are extremely limited. In-person services are by appointment only. Please note that you must make an appointment through our scheduling tool below.
Appointments are released 21 days from today’s date and book quickly. If you do not see an open appointment slot, none are currently available. We recommend checking early in the morning as appointments are released on a daily basis, and cancellations may make more slots available.
If you do not see an open appointment slot on our scheduling tool, none are currently available. Appointments cannot be made by phone.
As an alternative, you may go to www.usps.com/scheduler to search for appointments at a post office facility. (HINT: To find a more convenient appointment, try searching outside your zip code and increasing the maximum distance to the closest facility.)
If this is your first time applying for a passport, or if you are not eligible to renew through the mail, please make an appointment. Walk-in applicants will not be served. To determine if you are eligible to renew through the mail and avoid paying the $35 application fee, please visit the State Department website.
What to Bring
All applicants must be present. Please bring:
- Unsigned, completed passport application form in black ink only for each applicant (must include your social security number);
- One color passport photo measuring 2 inches by 2 inches for each applicant (Note: You must remove eyeglasses for photos);
- Proof of citizenship, such as certified birth certificate, naturalization certificate or previous passport for each applicant;
- A valid, permanent photo ID for each applicant;
- A check or money order payable to "Arapahoe County Clerk" for the processing fee of exactly $35 per application; and,
- Check(s) or money order(s) payable to "Department of State" for the application fee for each application.
If applying for a minor child, both the child and parents/legal guardian(s) must be present. To learn about special requirements for children 16 and under, and for all passport and travel information, please visit the Travel State website.
For more information about applying for a passport in Arapahoe County, please call us at 303-795-4520.
Check the Status of Your Application
To check on the status of an application in process, please visit the National Passport Information Center website or call 1-877-487-2778.